Welcome to Full Moon Tarot, a blog dedicated to the beauty and mystery of Tarot.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

30 Day Tarot Challenge ~ Day 2


Day 2 ~ What was your first deck and how/why did you get it?

I went with tradition for my first deck ~ the Rider-Waite/Smith deck. I'm sure anyone who has had any dealings with the tarot will be familiar with this deck. A lot of tarot decks out there are referred to as "Rider-Waite clones" because they follow such a similar system in their symbolism and meanings. It was originally published in 1909 and has been a favorite with readers ever since. There are many variations as well ~ there's the Traditional, Universal and Radiant Rider-Waite/Smith decks to name a few. My first deck was a traditional deck until I started reading with the Radiant which has much more vibrant co louring. 

I got this deck as a birthday present from the two friends I started exploring tarot with when I was 17 and treasured it ~ until one day I just couldn't stand to read with it anymore. That probably had a lot to do with the falling out I had with those friends.  

I did not keep the deck but instead gave it to a charity that does a lot of second hand book drives in the hope someone who needed it would come across it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment