Welcome to Full Moon Tarot, a blog dedicated to the beauty and mystery of Tarot.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

30 Day Tarot Challenge ~ final day! Yay!


So here we are, at the end of a 30 Day challenge that took just a little longer then 30 Days...mwahahahaDon't judge me ~ these reality tv shows won't watch themselves you know! Let's get into it my loves...

26. Have you ever regretted a particular reading, either for yourself or another?I have regretted elements of some of my earlier readings. When I was first starting to read for people other then my teddy bears, I was incredibly anxious that I shouldn't give bad news and I shouldn't have people leave their time with me with anything other then a great feeling and positive outlook. Sometimes I would see something I knew the person I was reading for didn't want to hear, and would ignore it in the hope that it would go away. I began to realise I was shortchanging both the querant and myself and started to read everything I saw. I felt much better as a result and I think that has allowed me to grow and develop. I'm proud that I have the confidence to tell what I'm seeing and can work with the reading to give an empowering message to whomever I'm reading for. 

27. Do you have a special time and/or place that you use your Tarot? If so, do you reserve the deck specifically for that purpose?Shit no, I don't hold my decks on a pedestal. I take care of my decks, and I love and respect them as valued friends. I have a tarot reading table that I use and store my working decks on, but I'm not one of those readers that can only harness my intuition at certain times or needs certain conditions/set ups. You won't see me losing my mind if a customer comes a little early and I haven't set up my 50 crystals and candles on my table yet (I've seen it happen and it isn't pretty) One of my favorite places to read at is a pub in Southbank and a cafe down the road from me. My decks and I work together wherever we're needed. We're tight. 

28. Does anyone you know not agree with your Tarot practices?In terms of other tarot readers and students, I'm sure there are, and that's fine. If this wasn't the case I would be incredibly surprised. I think tarot and other divinatory arts are as individual and unique as we are so there will be people who think I am too crass, too honest, too "common", too something something something, and I can live with that. In terms of people in my life that don't agree, I know there are, and I keep that part of myself separate from them. The end of the world isn't any closer for my reading tarot against the preferences of people I know. 

29. Do you have a Tarot mentor? Who are they (in relation to you) and how do they inspire you?I don't have an active, in person mentor at the moment, but I do consider a lot of the people in the Tarot world whose blogs and Facebook pages I follow and whose books I love to be mentors of a sort. I am inspired by the people in the Tarot world who are unashamedly themselves and who actively look to be challenged by Tarot not to master it. Those whose curiosity leads them and those who follow into some amazing territory. 

30. Do you practice any other forms of divination? If so, what is it, and do you use them alongside the Tarot as to gain more information and insight or as something separate entirely?I have been looking at expanding my readings to include more modalities. I love studying alternative forms of divination because it is a world that fascinates me. I've started studying Lenormand, which is a form of French cartomancy that is incredibly direct, but I'm not mastering it as fast as I would like (I'm a Triple Leo with a Sagittarius rising...perfectionism is kinda my thing!) I have also started working with Witches Runes, and I find they are really good at complementing Tarot readings by answering questions that may not have been as well covered by the querant as they would have liked. These too are quite direct and I just love them. I have also started using Crone Stones, which are simply stunning. I am finding that they are particularly effective for spiritual readings. Witches Runes and Crone Stones are definitely a part of my "toolbox" now. I am hoping to add the Lenormand in time. 
BONUS: If you could create one card to add to your deck, what would it be called and what would the card’s meaning be?In a hint of what's to come in the next year for me, I would add the Barefoot Gypsy, a magickal soul who is a nomad of spirit treading lightly on the Earth. Someone who hears the call of her nature and isn't afraid to answer.Her life is on her terms, for better or for worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment